Winning sweepstakes can be a lot of fun. My mom is always happy to hear the doorbell ring, and in fact, some of our phone conversations have to tell me what to look for in a post (in case I have gained something), any of her recent or major awards have been. The first time he called I admit it was fun when he handed me free food gift certificates. After that, he is sometimes called upon to share a meal gift card, or simply share some of the best prizes as special concert tickets.
That being said, there are a few quick and easy strategies you can use to help increase your chances of winning, and winning more often.
- Winning the Sweepstakes is a number game. The more you put in, and more often, the more chances you have of winning. Simply put, if only two people are in the shower, then you have one or two chances to win. Or, in other words, a 50% chance of winning. When 10,000 people enter, you also have one in 10,000 entries. You may win, but you are unlikely to win.
Similarly, the number of sweepstakes you regularly play plays a big role. If you apply only one sweepstake per month, it is a win or a loss. However, if you enter 300 sweepstakes/month that say there are 100 entries each, you are more likely to win something, or maybe a few prizes.
From my experience of talking to people who successfully enter sweepstakes, they usually talk as a minimum they will enter at least 50 different sweepstakes a day. If they want to increase their chances, they will enter at least 250-300 / day.
- If you know what you want, the ‘hard to get’ sweepstakes also give you a good chance. There are some companies that make it difficult for people to get into sweepstakes, such as using captcha, creating a user account, completing a survey, etc., etc. before you log in. (Personally, I feel that those companies are making a mistake, because they ‘limit’ the exposure of sweepstakes, where the goal is to make as many people as aware of the company and promote as much as possible). However, the good news for you is that the issues are very good because otherwise, it will not get into a lot of people.
For example, I have seen ‘Video’ Sweepstakes that require a user to submit a funny video, with a prize pool of $ 250,000. At “$ 250,000”, there were actually about 700 videos after a major upgrade, and I believe it was a few months long. Problems are great. Likewise, sweepstakes that require captchas or surveys also give you the best chances of winning prizes because not that many people want to get in because it’s a lot of work.
Now – why do you say you need to know what you want in this case? That’s because these types of sweepstakes will take you a long time to get into. Sometimes 10-15 minutes. But if you are focused, and focused on those sweepstakes alone, then as you have more time per day, you have a much better chance of winning the prizes you want.
- Consistency is important. For example, everyday sweepstakes are great and offer great rewards, but you need to come in every day to increase your chances. You need to sign in regularly to see results. Just as you did not stop trying to learn how to ride a bike after the first attempt as a child, you should not stop after just one or two shots. Consistency is important.
- Tell your friends about your awards and the company they support! While naturally, you could do that anyway, it is important to remember to mention the company. Why? And how does that help your chances? Good companies offer sweepstakes because, over time, they want to introduce better products and services to people. One way to do this is to advertise “by mouth”, aka, with sweepstakes. If they get a ‘response’ to having a successful promotion (e.g., a lot of people talk about their company, which ends up getting more sales because of it, from people who want to buy from them) – then they are more likely to offer those types of sweepstakes in the future or more. And if you have a lot of sweepstakes – that means you have a lot of chances to win.
- Smile, have fun, and be patient! Installing sweepstakes should be fun! It’s fun to think about what great or amazing prizes you can win, and then if you win, it’s a great feeling! And of course, patience is essential. This is not the same as ‘work’ where you know you will get a steady income every two weeks. No, sweepstakes here. Sometimes you need to wait at least two or three months before seeing the results. Just because, sweepstakes can take a month before they run out, and it can take another 2-4 weeks for the company to contact people to hand out prizes.
You want to keep doing it consistently because if you win, you will still have a very good chance of winning. If you only do it once or twice, (and let’s say you won three months later), you’ll have to start over and probably wait another 2-3 months before you see the prize!